Private Cathedral Tour
Legend has it that an hermit known as Pelayo saw a strange light in the sky. This fact, verified in the face of Alfonso II of Asturias by the bishop Teodomiro de Iria, caused the construction of a small chapel that, during the reign of Alfonso III, became a church burned by the Arab troops commanded by Almanzor.
At the beginning of the second millennium, in 1075, the construction of the current Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela began, one of the most representative places of worship for world Christianity. The first pilgrimages to the old chapel in the middle of the ninth century and its growing notoriety in the world ecclesiastical panorama led it to become the seat of the archbishopric in the year 1120.
This tour is made up of two parts. The first begins at the Museum of the Cathedral, where we will visit the archaeological rooms, the Library and Chapter House, the Balcony, the Cloister and the Cemetery. In the second part you will admire the interior of the temple. We will talk about the Portico de la Gloria, touring the aisles of the Cathedral, seeing the inner chapels, the botafumeiro, the Baroque organs, the Crypt of the Apostle and traditional embrace of the Saint.
- Welcome of the guides at the indicated point.
- First part: Museum of the Cathedral and surroundings.
- Second par: Interior of the cathedral, Crypt and hug the Saint.
- Moment for questions and end of the visit.
- Obradoiro Square. Santiago de Compostela.
- Remind that to use comfortable footwear could improve the visit.
- Try to get in the meeting point at least 10 minutes before.
- Minimum number to perform the service: 2 people.
- English and spanish speaking guides.
- Visit to the Museum and surroundings of the Cathedral.
- Tickets and guided visit to the interior of the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela: Traditional embrace of the Saint, Crypt of the Apostle, botafumeiro and interior chapels, etc.