7 Days Circuit at your leisure through the Rías Altas: Costa da Morte
- NO CANCELLATION FEES up to 7 days before the start
- Circuit to your leisure - by car
- 7 days / 6 nights in Pazos de Galicia and Charming Accommodation in the Rías Altas
- 2 nights in A Coruña
- 2 nights in Muxía
- 2 nights in Santiago de Compostela
- Free Cancellation Insurance (up to 30 coverages)
- Total price per person in a double / triple room: 799 €
- To formalize the reservation,a deposit of : 60 € / person. Remaining payment, 15 days before the start
- Optional: Vehicle Rental 5 seats throughout the experience
Circuit at your leisure for 7 days by car. We will visit La Coruña, Betanzos, Pontedeume, Fragas do Eume, Ferrol, the Costa da Morte, Malpica, Camariñas, Muxía, Finisterre, Muros, Noya and Santiago de Compostela.
The Galician Rías Altas are famous for their excellent landscapes of cliffs, strategic lighthouses, capes, wonderful Atlantic surroundings, crystal clear beaches and emblematic cities such as A Coruña.
Day 1. Starting point - A Coruña
Day 2. A Coruña - Betanzos - Pontedeume - Fragas do Eume - Ferrol
Day 3. A Coruña - Malpica - Camariñas - Muxía - Fisterra - Muxía (Costa Da Morte)
Day 4. Muja - Touriñan Lighthouse - Finisterre - Ézaro Waterfall - Caldeiras do Castro
We have breakfast at the hotel and head to the Touriñan Lighthouse. Like all the lighthouses on the Costa da Morte, the setting is spectacular with cliffs and magical landscapes. In the direction of Finisterre before arriving it is recommended to stop at the viewpoint of Fisterra where you can see an incredible landscape of the town.
Once we get to the town of Fisterra we will approach its lighthouse where we will contemplate the old “Finis Terrae”, that is, the end of the world. We can contemplate the place where it was thought that the sun went out in its waters.
It is a place of legends, fantasy and fascination. If after this landscape you are able to recover from this experience and if we have enough time, we can head towards the wonderful Ézaro Waterfall or eat in Finisterre, if we choose to follow the route on the way back we can stop at Cee and eat nearby its beaches or in its charming town.
La Cascáda de Ézaro is a place where we can enjoy tranquility walking along its wooden paths and looking at all its splendor in the viewpoints. It is a place where Kayaks are usually rented to get closer to the waterfall.
After this visit on the way back we have the option, if time allows, to go to Caldeiras Do Castro, a perfect place to relax and bathe in cold waters of natural pools. We can visit its Chapel and the picnic area.
Ending this day 4 we return to Muxía for dinner and a proper rest.
Day 5. Muros - Noya - Santiago - Starting point
We have breakfast at the hotel and leave it to go towards Santiago passing through Muros. When we get to Muros we can make a stop to see this beautiful fishing village with beaches, one of the most interesting is Area Maior where we can see a beach with practically no buildings with Mount Louro in the background.
We will see its port and fish market and we will head towards Noya. If we do not mind taking a detour through the area, we can go through the Ponte Nafonso and approach the Tambre hydroelectric power station also called the hydroelectric Cathedral, see its fishermen's refuge and go through its suspension bridge to see the landscape.
When we get to Noya we can take a walk through the town and see the parish of San Martín de Noia and the Plaza da Constitución. This town specializes in shellfish, especially cockle and clams. It is a good place to take a break and try its gastronomy.
Once we have finished we go directly to Santiago where we will check-in at the chosen hotel. This afternoon we have it free in case you want to take a walk around the city or prefer to rest. We spend the night at the hotel.
Day 6. Santiago
We have breakfast in Santiago and get ready to enjoy a city that has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for nearly 40 years. We will have a guided tour of the emblematic attractions of the city, and there are many. You will not be able to miss places such as the Plazas de Praterías, we will cross Acibechería street which is the last street that pilgrims cross to finish their Camino de Santiago towards the great cathedral of Santiago, Obradoiro square, Reyes Católicos parador, enter through the portico of the glory to visit the cathedral and its most interesting corners and embrace the Saint.
We will eat in the city where we will taste its gastronomy that ranges from Galician broth, octopus, pork loin, cheeses and wines among other delicacies.
Tonight we will sleep in the accommodation.
Day 7. End of the Circuit
The next day in the morning we will have breakfast and we will check-out at the hotel. If you chose to rent the car, it will be left in the indicated place.
We wish you a safe trip back and hope that you have enjoyed these days in Galicia.
- If you have chosen a rental vehicle, the meeting point will be the A Coruña train station or A Coruña airport.
- In case of traveling with your own car, the meeting point will be the first accommodation booked.
- Check-in time: From 12:00 a.m., at your choice
- It is advisable to always wear comfortable clothing and footwear at all times during the experience.
- Some of the routes are longer than others and it would be a good idea to plan departure times well in advance.
- Be careful on the road, the trip and visits are enjoyed more when travelling calmly and with plenty time.
- NO CANCELLATION FEES up to 7 days before the start
- 6 nights accommodation including Breakfast
- Guided tour in A Coruña
- Guided tour in Santiago de Compostela
- Complete itinerary of route
- Basic Travel Insurance
- Free Cancellation Insurance (up to 30 coverage)
- Route telephone assistance service
The guided tour included in the circuit will be subject to availability depending on the season.
- Half board supplement: € 280 / Person
- Single room supplement: € 340 / Person
- 5-seater rental vehicle for the entire route